News:

New registrations to the forum only by request to admin@underservice.org

Main Menu

Romero Experiments

Started by Romero, June 27, 2011, 11:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

landownunder

@ romero
Beautiful job as usual, are the drive coils wound the same as the generator coils? would you let us know how you wound your coils or is that another little one to put under your hat when you get it lol. all the best with your tests hope you will post how well they perform. Input and output with no claim of overunity just the results here they will believe or they won't good luck and hope you get all that you hope for out of this thanks from ron 

Romero

Quote from: landownunder on October 13, 2011, 08:59:38 AM
@ romero
Beautiful job as usual, are the drive coils wound the same as the generator coils? would you let us know how you wound your coils or is that another little one to put under your hat when you get it lol. all the best with your tests hope you will post how well they perform. Input and output with no claim of overunity just the results here they will believe or they won't good luck and hope you get all that you hope for out of this thanks from ron
Hi,

the generator coils are wound normaly, nothing special. The driver coils are wound:
first layer 28 turns = 28
4 layers 23 turns   = 92
2 layers 18 turns   = 36
2 layers 13 turns   = 26
1 layer 8 turns       =8
            Total turns = 190

In/Out results are comming when I have them properly measured, up to now nothing special, just a lot of noise :)

Regards,
Romero

landownunder

Thanks for that romero and hope it gets better as you tune it. I was just wondering if you have seen this video of slider2732 on  seven strand litz coil, is this somehow related to what you have achieved in the past and is it also what you now use with resonating the coils with the hall sensor. if you haven't seen it this is the link.  http://www.youtube.com/user/slider2732#p/u/57/vyipcAHQVTM it is an old video from about three months ago. would like to hear your comments on it please sir thanks again and all my best wishes ron

Romero

Quote from: landownunder on October 13, 2011, 01:33:37 PM
Thanks for that romero and hope it gets better as you tune it. I was just wondering if you have seen this video of slider2732 on  seven strand litz coil, is this somehow related to what you have achieved in the past and is it also what you now use with resonating the coils with the hall sensor. if you haven't seen it this is the link.  http://www.youtube.com/user/slider2732#p/u/57/vyipcAHQVTM it is an old video from about three months ago. would like to hear your comments on it please sir thanks again and all my best wishes ron
this one is not related with what I did, I saw it before.

Romero

garrym

Quote from: Romero on October 07, 2011, 11:13:04 PM
Quote from: Dave45 on October 07, 2011, 05:57:27 PM
I hope you guy's dont mind if I put in my two cents, I think the hall sensor is picking up the E field of the drive coil in chalamadad's vid.
Dave
Your 2 cents are welcome Dave45  :)
The other coils will receive power with or without the magnets in front of them but having magnets the effect is multiplied.
That small basic circuit looks that is making wonderful things and that is not all of it.
Not long time back I used that circuit to control and induce speed under load in any coil. People should review that video and try to understand what I was trying to explain there.

Regards,
Romero

Hi Romero,

May we please have a copy of the schematic for the PCB used to speed the rotor?

I have tried everything I can think of with your original circuit but, because of the PNP (TIP42), the circuit does not rely
on the hall sensor to trigger the transistor.

My scope shows the coil producing AC and the base of the transistor begins pulsing due to the sine wave. The
hall has no effect in any position.

Thanks, Garry

Romero

@garrym
do you have the recovery 1n4007 in place? in between the collector and emmiter
Add a capacitor 220-470uf/16v from plus to the minus, no battery required.This capacitor will self charge then discharge cousing acceleration, half cycle charge the other discharge, actually is a bit more that half cycle charge.  Because the magnet is attracted to the core freely that part requires no power but we endup with charge in the capacitor. That charge is enough to push the magnet away and accelerate. With more of them properly set you can have a self runner.
This is the easy option, without having a proper coil made.
Must work, I have tested it in many  toys.

Romero

garrym

Hi Romero,

Thanks for the reply.

My cricuit is identical to your's except for the AC ripple capacitor you have placed near to screw terminals.

I will take a few scope shots to show you what I mean about the sinewave biasing ON the transistor.

Thanks, Garry

kEhYo77

Romero, please clarify the meaning of a 'proper coil', please mate.
Is it all about the right L/R ratio or something else?
Cheers.

Romero

Quote from: kEhYo77 on October 14, 2011, 08:48:56 AM
Romero, please clarify the meaning of a 'proper coil', please mate.
Is it all about the right L/R ratio or something else?
Cheers.
L/R ratio is the most important but the core used is very important too.Anyone thought of a split core and what that can do?
When only one magnet approaches the coil, from the side to the middle of the core we should get enough charge in the capacitor to push it away then the coil fires for the other half of the core.
same thing happens with just a coil and nothing else.If the power generated by the first half of the cycle is not enough then we might need to  add more turns.

@garrym
take a capacitor 220-470uf and one diode 1n4007 and connect them direct to that coil.
move the rotor with one magnet close to the core and leave it to be attracted to the coil.
Check the power you have in the capacitor now and let me know.
What is the voltage generated at max rpm from that coil?
What are the L/R values for your coil?

put one magnet from the rotor in front of the coil then apply different voltages from 3 volts up and see what is the minimum voltage required to push the magnet away.You find it then you know what you need

Romero

Romero

anyone tried this circuit?

DeepCut

Hi all,

i have spent ?90 on wire in the past days doing in-depth test with coils and cores. I am in regular contact with Thane Heins about this also.

Don't forget all of my opinions only pertain to my setup :

http://www.youtube.com/user/deepcut66#p/u/3/iSSOI6Yep_U

I find it difficult to get good results with ferrite, it provides good power but very little accelaration under load.

Mild steel has good results, even though it is not meant to be good for high-frequency (i am operating at 15 to 30 thousand RPM.

My best results are with the bolts from masonry shield anchors :

http://www.transtools.co.uk/store/index.php?searchStr=loose+bolt&_a=viewCat&sort_by=popularity+DESC&Submit=Search

I am still trying to find out their material composition.

I have tried the shields that contain the bolts, thinking that a hollow core may be good but it was no good at all for my setup.

Romero mentined split cores, that sounds very sensible to me so i will try it.

I have some laminations on the way for next week which will hugely increase the inductance and therefore the impedance of the coils, laminations realy help the L-R ratio.

About the L-R ratio, i find that, using my bolt-cores, i can get the effect from any coil that doesn't have a lot of resistance, even if the inductance isn't that high, for instance :

Wire diameter : 0.28mm
Resistance : 56 Ohms
Inductance : 75 mH

These little coils work well and the ratio isn't special.

Happy experimenting all :)

Gary.

Experience is a hard teacher, it gives the test first and the lesson afterward.

Tony

Hi Romero,

Just tested your driver circuit and I have to say it works very efficient. To get a higher rpm I have to add more drivers. Maybe my coils are also not the best - you mentioned a L/R ratio. What would you propose?

Br.
Tony

Romero

Quote from: Tony on October 14, 2011, 08:33:38 PM
Hi Romero,

Just tested your driver circuit and I have to say it works very efficient. To get a higher rpm I have to add more drivers. Maybe my coils are also not the best - you mentioned a L/R ratio. What would you propose?

Br.
Tony
Hi,
first tell me what you got now, core type, diameter, lenght,  magnet size and type...  how many magnets on the rotor, nsns or all same position.... all these are important.

Regards,
Romero

Tony

Hello,
Now I finished the second driver circuit and I made tests with different coils. To your questions:
The rotor DN 100mm carries 16 pc 30/10/5mm N52 Magnets nsns.
I wound different coils with steel and ferrite cores, Liz- and single wires.

My best results I got with the coil #2 - with 490 turns / Liz wire 5x0,15 mm, coil size L/D 16/19mm. The core is ferrite 5x25mm from an inductor.
The measured resistance and inductance is 4,1 Ohm and 5,5mH.
With two drivers I am able to speed the rotor up to about 800rpm. The power consumption is about 45mA /12,7V. If I drive it with one coil I get just the half speed with the half power consumption.
The rotor turns very easy - with a small and cleaned bearing - very less friction.
Do you need more info or what would you propose - how should I modify the coils?
Many thanks for your help and
Br.
Tony

Romero

@Tony
can you please tell me what circuit is used there.Is it the one I posted recently? no hall self trigger? If that reduce the value for R3 and test for more RPM.I believe that the Q2 transistor is not opening properly. Disconect recovery diode 1N4007 for now until you get more rpm.

Romero