News:

New registrations to the forum only by request to admin@underservice.org

Main Menu

Romero Experiments

Started by Romero, June 27, 2011, 11:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romero

Here is how I modified an ceiling fan motor into a generator.

crazycut06

Hi Romero,
I also have a similar ceiling fan like yours, just don't have the time yet to play with, too busy  :(
Would you care to share some details, wire size, voltage output, rpm, is it lenz free? Thanks!

Regards
Cc

Romero

Quote from: crazycut06 on November 28, 2013, 04:04:21 PM
Hi Romero,
I also have a similar ceiling fan like yours, just don't have the time yet to play with, too busy  :(
Would you care to share some details, wire size, voltage output, rpm, is it lenz free? Thanks!

Regards
Cc
Hi,
wire for the centre coil is 0.75mm 28 turns each individual coil  and for the outer coil is 1mm 19 turns each coil.
It is not lenz free but it is very powerfull at low rpm. I get 12 volts at 42 rpm. The distance between the stator and the magnets is 2mm and the magnets dimensions are 25/10/2 mm.

Regards,
Romero

crazycut06

Ok thanks for the details, have you tried adding more magnets where the arms of the stator aligns with two magnets N & S like ed leedskalnin's, what do you think would be the result?

Regards
Cc

Romero

Quote from: crazycut06 on November 28, 2013, 11:10:24 PM
Ok thanks for the details, have you tried adding more magnets where the arms of the stator aligns with two magnets N & S like ed leedskalnin's, what do you think would be the result?

Regards
Cc
I have not tried all possibilities yet, I will have a look and see if that will do any benefit.

Hitman

Nice romero, I built one of these a few years ago for low wind conditions but found it to have lots of cogging.
I recently made a new generator using a 48volt E-bike wheel with much better results.
I'll post some pics when I get some time.

Cheers Hitman

Romero

Quote from: Hitman on December 03, 2013, 12:38:34 PM
Nice romero, I built one of these a few years ago for low wind conditions but found it to have lots of cogging.
I recently made a new generator using a 48volt E-bike wheel with much better results.
I'll post some pics when I get some time.

Cheers Hitman
I also have a 36 volt/500watt E-bike motor I was thinking to try it as wind generator...

Hitman

Heres a pic of the 48 volt E-bike motor, it's 3 phase Star configuration, perfect for a generator. Notice the extremely small air gap :)

Cheers Hitman

Romero

@Hitman
my E-bike motor is geared internally, 3 phase Star configuration too, I never opened it.
What make is yours?

Hitman

The wheel came off of a "ecocycle" and I can't access it at the moment cause it's 30 feet in the air hehe, but I do need to add blades to the rotor for better performance.
When I do, I'll take down the motor type and model number.

Cheers Hitman

Romero

Washing machine rotor and stator.
This is very powerful, can get 500watt out at about 100rpm

a.king21

Romero: re motor generator.
Try slackening your dive belts as much as possible.
That's the trick.
Good luck :)

Romero

Quote from: a.king21 on December 14, 2013, 02:09:25 PM
Romero: re motor generator.
Try slackening your dive belts as much as possible.
That's the trick.
Good luck :)
Hi,
thank's for your suggestion.
At this moment I am using a direct shaft connection between motor and generator.
I have had very good results using a normal three phase motor as the generator driven by a DC motor.
The advantage using a DC motor to drive it is that I can adjust the rpm to the best point to keep the motor generator in resonance.
Looking at the measurements I should easily say that this is already running in OU mode but for me that is not convincing until it can power itself and that might be possible soon but I am waiting to receive three custom built transformers that will be connected to the generator output to convert into DC.

Regards,
Romero

aaron5120

Good for you, Romero, this is very good news. I am very happy because of your success.
Hope you can accomplish what most of us have been dreaming : an unconventional system using off-the-shelf commodities.

aaron5120

landownunder

Hey romero any christmas presents for the people out here. merry christmas to you and everyone else who reads here all my best wishes for you and yours ron