News:

New registrations to the forum only by request to admin@underservice.org

Main Menu

Romero Experiments

Started by Romero, June 27, 2011, 11:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazycut06

Quote from: Romero on April 11, 2012, 02:12:29 AM
Today I built and tested another verry efficient inverter circuit.

Hi Romero,
    Isn't this double battery configuration only doubles the amp hour usage, or because of the steering diode on each mosfets charging the battery from bemf when the mosfet is off?
    Can you pls. post some numbers, input amps with a known load like a 100 watt bulb, and what frequency at the output? might replace my off the shelf inverter if this is more efficient.  thanks for sharing... :)
Cc

Romero

Quote from: crazycut06 on April 11, 2012, 01:59:29 PM
Quote from: Romero on April 11, 2012, 02:12:29 AM
Today I built and tested another verry efficient inverter circuit.

Hi Romero,
    Isn't this double battery configuration only doubles the amp hour usage, or because of the steering diode on each mosfets charging the battery from bemf when the mosfet is off?
    Can you pls. post some numbers, input amps with a known load like a 100 watt bulb, and what frequency at the output? might replace my off the shelf inverter if this is more efficient.  thanks for sharing... :)
Cc
As you know recovery back to the source is not efficient at all but recovery to another battery it always work very good.
In a Bedini or joulethief circuit we charge another battery then we need to swap them and so on...
With this schematic you don't need to do that and running from 2 batteries means that each battery runs at half the time and that is what we are looking for, check the attached document for more info.

I have built it as I need it to be part of another project.
Being so simple I don't understand why you are not trying it, you don't need to have the exact components, most N channel mosfets will work and the other parts I am sure everyone have.
It can be built even without mosfets, replacing 2n2222 transistors with 2n3055 or similar and modifing a little the circuit.
Transformer if you don't have  you can build one very easy with laminations or ferrite...
While idle, no load applied, the system consumes very little comparing with of the shelf inverters.

Regards,
Romero

cHenriques

hi,
What is the frequency?
In the document the frequency should be between 1hz and 10hz

How We can ensure that the drain corrent is 20% of the battery amp/hour capacity?

If I use your inverter to charge other 2 batterys and if I swap with the driver batterys I will have always all batterys charged?

thanks

Romero

Quote from: cHenriques on April 16, 2012, 03:58:54 PM
hi,
What is the frequency?
In the document the frequency should be between 1hz and 10hz

How We can ensure that the drain corrent is 20% of the battery amp/hour capacity?

If I use your inverter to charge other 2 batterys and if I swap with the driver batterys I will have always all batterys charged?

thanks
I have not stated that this is OU but very efficient comparing with other inverters.
Unless you try you will never know... components used probably you already have.
In the previous version with 4 batteries if you run each coil at 10Hz you will have about 40Hz at the output without killing the batteries.

Regards,
Romero

cHenriques

Quote from: Romero on April 16, 2012, 06:29:48 PM

I have not stated that this is OU but very efficient comparing with other inverters.
Unless you try you will never know... components used probably you already have.
In the previous version with 4 batteries if you run each coil at 10Hz you will have about 40Hz at the output without killing the batteries.

Regards,
Romero

I'm very grateful romero,
1 - In your circuit the batterys must be recharge by a special method like SSG? this batterys must be condicionated?

I have a little questions about this method:

2- if I switch on/off a lead-acid battery to a transformer in 1hz-10hz range, and If I rectifier the secondary to another
lead-acid battery if I swap I will have a self-charger system?

3- The 20% is the corrent RMS or is the real corrent when the switch is on?
4- The best duty-cicle is 50%?

Very thanks, I would like you reply me

Romero

Quote from: cHenriques on April 16, 2012, 07:15:52 PM
Quote from: Romero on April 16, 2012, 06:29:48 PM

Regards,
Romero

I'm very grateful romero,
1 - In your circuit the batterys must be recharge by a special method like SSG? this batterys must be condicionated?

I have a little questions about this method:

2- if I switch on/off a lead-acid battery to a transformer in 1hz-10hz range, and If I rectifier the secondary to another
lead-acid battery if I swap I will have a self-charger system?

3- The 20% is the corrent RMS or is the real corrent when the switch is on?
4- The best duty-cicle is 50%?

Very thanks, I would like you reply me
Conditionated batteries will work better but after a period of time used withe this circuit they will behave better and better.
The secondary can charge another battery and you should be able to swap them and keep them charged.
About 20% is correct.
I am not sure if 50%dtc is the best, I am using 50 % now in the 2 battery inverter.

Romero

Hitman

@ cHenriques

I think it the same as John Bedini's SSG, he also only uses 20% of the batterys amp hour capacity.

Lets say your battery has a 10 amp hour catacity, so that would be 10ah / 20 = 500ma is the max amps you should pull from the battery. Using Bedini's vanilla ssg I've been able to fully charge 4 conditioned batteries with 1 normaly charged battery, the draw back is the rather large bank of batteries needed to power your house

Cheers Hitman

Tony

Hi to all,
Let me share my experience I made with the efficient two battery inverter.
Low power consumption < 120mA I got with the IRF540 / 2N2222 combination. For more power transfer the IRFP460 is better but needs min. 150mA. At the one battery inverter I used the BC547 driver and it was working well. But here with the two batteries it didn't work - so the 2222 is a good choice.

The second important part I think is the transformer. I use a high quality toroidal core one with 100VA/50Hz. My inverter was running with the original setup at about 60 to 70Hz. Now,  I increased the 2,2uF cap to 2,77uF and the 4k7 resistor to 5k and so I got about 50 Hz. In this mode, the Mosfets under a load of < 40W don't need heat sinks. In general lower frequency would be sure better but it wouldn't fit with the factory made trafos.

So, let's see how well we can condition the batteries
Best regards
Tony

Btw.
The JM-Pulse charger is quite good tool to recharge the batteries

Romero

crazycut06

Quote from: Tony on April 17, 2012, 01:20:30 PM
Hi to all,
Low power consumption < 120mA I got with the IRF540 / 2N2222 combination. For more power transfer the IRFP460 is better but needs min. 150mA. At the one battery inverter I used the BC547 driver and it was working well. But here with the two batteries it didn't work - so the 2222 is a good choice.

The second important part I think is the transformer. I use a high quality toroidal core one with 100VA/50Hz. My inverter was running with the original setup at about 60 to 70Hz. Now,  I increased the 2,2uF cap to 2,77uF and the 4k7 resistor to 5k and so I got about 50 Hz. In this mode, the Mosfets under a load of < 40W don't need heat sinks. In general lower frequency would be sure better but it wouldn't fit with the factory made trafos.

Best regards
Tony

Btw.
[/url]

Hi Tony,
    Can you confirm that your inverters frequency output is 50hz unloaded or loaded? Is it really that efficient taking only 120ma with a load of 40w?  :o
    I'm starting my replication, I have the parts already but I lack time, maybe i could finish it this week and share my results... ;D

Regards
Cc

Romero

Quote from: crazycut06 on April 17, 2012, 04:26:42 PM
Quote from: Tony on April 17, 2012, 01:20:30 PM
Hi to all,

Best regards
Tony

Btw.
[/url]

Hi Tony,
    Can you confirm that your inverters frequency output is 50hz unloaded or loaded? Is it really that efficient taking only 120ma with a load of 40w?  :o
    I'm starting my replication, I have the parts already but I lack time, maybe i could finish it this week and share my results... ;D

Regards
Cc
120ma with no load, this is what he meant. Most inverters will use about 1 amp without load.
It will be very nice to get 40watt out from 120ma/12volt.
My inverter consumes less than that as I have built myself the transformer and the primary coil is constructed for 48volt.

Romero

Tony

Hi Cc
The frequency varies depend on the load what you connect. More load drops the frequency. Just correct it with the capacitor ... in my current setup I use the 2,8uf cap and get 50 Hz at 25W load.

Yes, it is as Romero metioned - its without load.

I wish you good luck and best regards
Tony

cHenriques

Very thanks Romero and Hitman,

I will try this, I already tried to find overunity with switched battery systems but never with so low frequencys like 1hz-10hz range

If my batterys are already old I shoud use 20% of the actual capacity or the capacity that is indicated on the battery?

thanks

Hitman

Hummm,

I have a 12volt 300watt inverter that I bought at canadian tire and it only uses 90ma with no load.

@cHenriques
I would use 20% of actual capacity.

Cheers Hitman

crazycut06

Hi guys,
      Thanks, i get it, I've checked my off the shelf inverter's draw, when it's idle, it consumes 240ma,  :( when loaded with a 40watt incandescent bulb it consumes 4.17A,  :'( numbers don't look good, I'll try comparing it with my project will post results soon and see how they match up...

Regards
Cc