Total Topics: 110
Most Online Today: 8
Most Online Ever: 82
(August 07, 2018, 06:56:59 PM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 3
Total: 3

Author Topic: Don Smith - Dynatron  (Read 51083 times)

Offline Romero

• Administrator
Re: Don Smith - Dynatron
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2012, 11:39:01 AM »
Hi all,
I'm new here, congratulations for the forum and congratulations for the excellet work here developed

I have the same question that the Blacktail

if we put the spark gap between the capacitor and the primary oscillations exist only when the spark fires, as in the case of ordinary tesla coils

but if the capacitor is in parallel with the primary without any interruption, with the spark gap before (in parallel or in series), then the set coil+capacitor will always in oscilation
I think that in Don and Zilano devices the hv transformer and the diode support this oscilations

correct me if I was wrong
If the spark gap is placed between the capacitor and the primary, the HV tranformer don't need to have the same frequency that the frequency of the Tesla coil(capacitor + primary)
but if the spark gap is placed before the capacitor+primary the HV transformer ant the tesla coil(capacitor + primary) must have the same resonance frequency

It's right?

I only achieve power on secondary of tesla coil with the spark gap between the capacitor and the primary :(

I dont understand why sometimes in Zilano and Don schematics the spark gap is in parallel or in series

thanks,
Henriques
Hi,
I personally use parallel spark gap when the HV side is AC and use it in series when we deal with DC in the secondary coil.
Check the link here for more details. http://www.richieburnett.co.uk/operation.html and http://www.richieburnett.co.uk/operatn2.html#quenching
My actual Kapanadze replication has a parallel spark gap and I use AC for the large coil/capacitor.
That large coil only looks like a coil but the purpose there is to act as a capacitor, a displacement current capacitor http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Displacement_current
just try to visualize what is happening there when that coil/capacitor is functioning.
The Kapanadze Patent shows 2 coils and yes, there are two coils, this large one is not a coil.

Best regards,
Romero
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 11:57:00 AM by Romero »

Offline JoeFR

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2012, 11:01:25 AM »
Hi all

For better understanding Don Smith-Zilano Reverse Tesla coil concept I made many test at different input frequency from Signal Generator to Primary LC and measure the output voltage on secondary LC.
I made measures without load on secondary LC and with Load 12V 60W car bulb connected via diode.

For no load testing I put 1kohm resistor between Signal Generator and primary LC and measure the maximum sine wave peak to peak output voltage on secondary LC at different input frequency and different primary LC Cap values.

Here is the circuit schematic I used for testing with load connected. I used optical isolated mosfet driver ACPL3130 to drive 250V 15A N channel mosfet.
In this configuration I measured positive peak voltage and input power on Primary LC and measure positive peak voltage across load 12V 60W car bulb.
I noticed that without diode on primary LC i get very poor output on secondary LC so Diode is important part of Don Smith-Zilano circuit.

This is the actual setup layout with all details used:

This are the measured data:

I put all data and setup pictures in zip file which is accessible here and someone could make some data mining and make some connections between different input frequencys:
Don Smith - Frequency Testing.zip

I am waiting for lux meter to make accurate output measurements of the car light output.

Hi Romero thanks for warning about a scope damage but it was to late. My scope died during testing ( when I was working with 5Volts only  :( ) so some data are missing and I cant show any scope shots for now because I am waiting for replacement.

JoeFR
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 11:05:45 AM by JoeFR »

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2012, 07:49:05 PM »
Thanks for your test ;)

I ll must test the replication of Don Smith Circuit by the Zilano's scheme, but i don't arrive to find all components :(

Offline Romero

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2012, 09:32:40 AM »
@JoeFR
sorry to hear about your scope damage, I burnet one channel on one of my scopes too and I only had the probe close to the coil, not even attached to anything, I was operating a kacher coil at the time it happend.

Romero

Offline Hitman

• itawk.com
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2012, 05:32:57 PM »
@JoeFR
Check your probe, I also lost one of my channels but it turned out just the ground wire on the probe got fried :)

Have you guys seen this:

Sorry I haven't been working on my replications lately, I'm still working on a space heater using water to fuel it but my LCR meter and a few other components have not arrived, I need to match the resonant frequency of my tank circuit (electrolizer + coil) to the resonant frequency of my plates. I'm sure thats the key.

Cheers Hitman

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2012, 03:38:59 PM »
Hi,

I have one question about Zilano's device, it could be possible to replace diodes FR607 by 1N5048 or equivalent ?
Because its hardest to find them.
Thanks.

Offline Romero

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2012, 04:27:21 PM »
Hi,

I have one question about Zilano's device, it could be possible to replace diodes FR607 by 1N5048 or equivalent ?
Because its hardest to find them.
Thanks.
you can use UF5408 with good results.

Offline sinergicus

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 05:35:37 PM »
I found this on energetic forum....I didn,t know about this schematic of don smith simple ddevice until now...I thought this will be a source of inspiration for fellows

« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 05:42:38 PM by sinergicus »

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2012, 11:36:07 AM »
Hi,

It could be possible to use for the cw & ccw 5 or 8T coil greater than 75 for the pvc tube ?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 11:51:33 AM by Blacktail »

Offline sinergicus

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2012, 11:29:07 PM »
I have a lack of understandineg about measuring L of coils at different frequencies...from my understanding  the inductance are influenced by many factors(shape, nr of windings,core material,etc) including the frequency also...if the L of the coil are different at  different frequencies what value of measurement  can we assign to most RLC meters from the market place that having fixed frequency test (or maybe 2,3 range  test measurement frequency for inductances)?

For example in our case,if we want to measure inductance for don smith coils, at 35 khz working frequency,and our rlc meter have a limited range of test frequencies for L (for example 120hz and 10 khz) this means if we want to calculate capacitors for LC resonance we will have an unreal L measurements because we don,t have  35 khz range for rlc meter for measuring inductance  at this value....

Please if somebody can make enlightenment about this, will be great appreciated  ...

Offline Romero

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2012, 12:07:18 AM »
I have a lack of understandineg about measuring L of coils at different frequencies...from my understanding  the inductance are influenced by many factors(shape, nr of windings,core material,etc) including the frequency also...if the L of the coil are different at  different frequencies what value of measurement  can we assign to most RLC meters from the market place that having fixed frequency test (or maybe 2,3 range  test measurement frequency for inductances)?

For example in our case,if we want to measure inductance for don smith coils, at 35 khz working frequency,and our rlc meter have a limited range of test frequencies for L (for example 120hz and 10 khz) this means if we want to calculate capacitors for LC resonance we will have an unreal L measurements because we don,t have  35 khz range for rlc meter for measuring inductance  at this value....

Please if somebody can make enlightenment about this, will be great appreciated  ...
Maybe this will help http://kb.bkprecision.com/questions.php?questionid=22

Romero

Offline forest

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2012, 03:49:19 PM »
I think this one Don Smith design is the simplest to make. We just need effective electrons pump at high frequency like 100khz to the large electrolytic capacitor via resistive divider and varistor across and of course VERY GOOD ground !
Here is something I realized (still working on it) : electrons want to escape back to ground so positive pulses must be above ground potential always and this is also what Don Smith described as "adjustable ground connection" : varactor, spark gap , fast diode or other part (I still have to work it out) to avoid it escaping. Without that you have either blowed electrolytic capacitor or just a fast spike of energy and capacitor is not charging.

I know exactly how it should be done via electrostatics but electrolytic caps are too slow responding to such high frequency and I didn't yet figured out how to implement this sequence in electronic meaning.

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2012, 09:23:04 AM »
Hi,

What kind of bulb can i use for a 200 - 400V for output and arround 220 Khz To see the power out ?
100W 230 is it adequate ?

Thanks ;)

Offline Romero

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2012, 11:44:15 AM »
Hi,

What kind of bulb can i use for a 200 - 400V for output and arround 220 Khz To see the power out ?
100W 230 is it adequate ?

Thanks ;)
that is good enough but better use 150w halogen bulbs.

Romero

Offline Romero

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2012, 02:31:48 PM »
I can see on all forums that people are posting the schematic below without realising  that there we have some major mistakes in it.
The picture below is how it should be...

Recent Topics

Romero Experiments by Romero
March 03, 2018, 10:43:52 PM

Dji Mavic Pro by Romero
September 27, 2017, 05:04:54 PM

Watersplitting Device via GigaHz pulse Generator by Hitman
June 23, 2016, 05:45:13 PM

Free Energy Flashlight by Hitman
February 24, 2016, 12:35:30 PM

Earth's magnetic field by Romero
January 09, 2016, 05:47:42 PM

Induction Heater of Vasily Kuznetsov by Hitman