New registrations to the forum only by request to admin@underservice.org

Main Menu

Schematic self run system.

Started by Romero, March 14, 2012, 05:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garrym

Hi Crazy,

Great setup!

Care to provide some detail on your circuit and most importantly, the coil/toroid ?

Garry

crazycut06

Quote from: garrym on July 22, 2012, 02:36:56 AM
Hi Crazy,

Great setup!

Care to provide some detail on your circuit and most importantly, the coil/toroid ?

Garry

Toroid is from comp. psu 18mm outer, 10mm inner diameter wire gauge is .65mm (AWG 22). adjust for lower amp draw, when i check my setup's current draw, sometimes it consumes 1.19ma sometimes when i check again it consumes .68 - .71 ma, don't know why? or maybe there's a loose connection on the breadboard...    ;D

Happy Experimenting!  ;D

garrym

aaron5120

Hey, gentlemen and friends,
Since there has not been any active interchange of information here in this thread lately, I am posting a new schematics, a circuit designed by user ION from the OU forum, in order to stir up a bit the pot.
Remarks for the circuit:
This is not a blocking oscillator, rather it is a capacitor discharge SCR oscillator, but it is a looped circuit. I make no claims of a self runner, but the circuit can be used to experiment along those lines e.g. exotic core or dielectric materials might be used for the inductors or capacitors.
Note that an automotive lamp is used as a protection device should you get into a latchup condition by overdriving Q1 SCR. R1 adjusts the firing rate of Q1.
The recycling component SCR Q2 can be triggered at any voltage above the DIAC firing plus battery voltage by adding a voltage divider to the pot R4. Commercial DIACS such as those used in light dimmers fire from 28 to 32 volts. I forgot to add a switch between the battery. It is important to disconnect / reconnect the circuit should latchup of Q1 occur. Best to keep R1 at minimum and slowly increase until the circuit breaks into oscillation.
Some values are subject to experimentation based on your desired frequency of operation.
Happy experimentation then!

Romero

Thank you aaron5120 for the schematic, simple but interesting.

Romero

aaron5120

Hi everyone,
This is another simple but interesting circuit just for your experimentation:
Please see attachment.
The circuit from user janost of energeticforum make use of circulating currents. These currents between L and C are Q-times higher than the input to the circuit.
Normally in a LC-circuit, this shows a high impedance as a load and you can't get this current out for real work.
But in this case,  the L in the circuit is also the primary winding of a transformer, so the circulation current also gets induced in the secondary.
Loading the secondary lowers the Q factor in the LC-circuit,  but as long as it is oscillating,  the current draw is extremely low.

The GDT only fires when the oscillation is about to die out and as the resonant oscillations are always in phase with the grid,  it fires when the voltage difference is more than 200v, adding a kick to keep the circuit going.

From the viewpoint of the grid, the circuit looks like a load with a very high impedance.
The resonance is the source which is powering the bulb.
You may change the bulb to be an electric resistive heater.

crazycut06

Hi aaron5120,

Can you pls. Make the picture larger i can't see it too small  ;D thanks!

aaron5120

Here you are. Enjoy.

crazycut06

Romero

@crazycut06
this a simple answer to your private question.

Romero

aaron5120

May I know which was the question please? The schematics offered seems to be a peak potential switching circuit by the SCR to the second HV winding.
So does this concern with the coil shorting circuit?
aaron5120

Romero

@aaron5120
the schematic can be used with coil shorting, charging the capacitor then damp it to a load or back to the battery.
this circuit can be used in many other experiments, one of them can be a joule thief as the source of the power....

crazycut06

@Romero,
Thanks for the schematic, i'll try this on my setup, may i know what is the minimum and maximum input for this circuit?

@aaron5120,
I was asking Romero on how to extract more amps from a coil.

Romero

Quote from: crazycut06 on February 01, 2013, 11:59:53 AM
@Romero,
Thanks for the schematic, i'll try this on my setup, may i know what is the minimum and maximum input for this circuit?

@aaron5120,
I was asking Romero on how to extract more amps from a coil.
if you have no coil shorting in place then you need min 30v at low amp but with coil shorting you can use the circuit even with 1 volt.
better test circuit in a solid state version before working in a magnet/coil...

aaron5120

Thanks Romero, the circuit just came in handy. I was just going to experiment with a MOSFET JT circuit. This idea can improve what the SIDAC is going to shoot out from the joule energy accumulated in the secondary cap of the  FET JT circuit.
I was also planning to try the JT circuit with a sleeve loop ferrite coil, too. See this link:
http://www.zen22142.zen.co.uk/Media/fsi.htm
aaron5120