News:

New registrations to the forum only by request to admin@underservice.org

Main Menu

Schematic self run system.

Started by Romero, March 14, 2012, 05:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romero

@crazycut06

Good to hear its working for you. Value of the resistor can be changed too or add a variable resistor in series with the existing one. Leave it running for a long time, even if you see voltage going down, don't touch, just wait. If its properly done should charge the battery.
If working ok then do the second schematic, it works even better.

Romero

crazycut06

Ok thank's I'll try to tweak this first before doing the second circuit, last night my batt voltage was 1.13v then after 3hours it went up to 1.20v, then this morning it's down to 1.16v...

Romero

Quote from: crazycut06 on June 20, 2012, 02:10:26 AM
Ok thank's I'll try to tweak this first before doing the second circuit, last night my batt voltage was 1.13v then after 3hours it went up to 1.20v, then this morning it's down to 1.16v...
Sounds good!

Romero

Romero

I changed the coils and the waveform is not the same as before but charging is still there.
Not working only with a capacitor but cap + 1.2voltas battery

crazycut06

Hi all,
just an update on my toy, ive added more turns on my secondary to 20 turns and added a potentiometer, ive got much better results, also added plenty capacitors!  ;D Lol! cause i dont have a super cap, and i got it running on caps only for 40+ seconds, ill try to tweak it more to see if i can selfrun it! :o

Have a nice day!

Romero

@crazycut06
also try one turn for primary, use thicker wire

Romero

crazycut06

blackchisel97

Hello Romero and everyone. This is my first post but I've been trying to follow and read as much as my work permitted. I still have small version of your dynamo (unfinished), and never doubted it should work as claimed. My lack of understanding at that time as well as ability to make decent rotor at home sent this prototype from bench to the shelf.
Anyway, this isn't right thread for intro.
I tried to play last night with first circuit and different inductors/wires. Every combination was producing different waveforms. At first, I could only get two led's to light. I have 0.47F supercap in parallel with 1.5V battery and I had it running over 3 min. on the cap only. I need to find smaller (pF) capacitor. Serial inductor is wound on ferrite rod. I can't find any BD's and used 2N2905/2N2222 instead. Will continue to tweak more and try the second circuit.

Thanks
Vtech

crazycut06

Hi blackchisel97,
Welcome aboard! Good to hear yours running 3min on supercap...
Keep it up!
Regards Cc

Romero

@blackchisel97
try adding a second toroid as in my second setup with a capacitor and ground, that is going to work much better.
something strange with the supercap, I have 2 different makes 20F but only one keeps the charge. Having a battery connected worked all the time.You can also add a 1k resistor in series with the plus terminal comming from the bridge back to the battery, that will help to balance the system. A variable resistor will be even better, at least to find the right value then replace it with a normal resistor.
I will change and post an updated schematic based on my recent reperiments.

Romero

Romero

Schematic updated

blackchisel97

Thanks Romero, will try that. You know, this is funny, I had 47k in series just as per your updated diagram. Some supercaps leak. My 0.47F are not great either but were cheap.
I just replaced small cap to 44pF (2x22pF). What bothers me is low A draw. Last night I was running on 2.78mA, now I read about 8.5mA. I tried couple dozen of different toroids and small ferrite core transformers last night looking for best results. Very interesting circuit.

Vtech

Hitman

I also put together the first circuit exactly as the schematic and got it running on the first try :)
Its currently drawing 60ma but thats with no tuning what so ever, I'll leave it run down and see how long it lasts then I'll tune it and check again.

Cheers Hitman

Update: I added a variable resistor before I called it a night and was able to adjust input amp draw to 4ma, then let it run all night. battery voltage was 1.21 at start and this morning was down to 1.07.
I will try the second schematic with updates today.

blackchisel97

Hello.  Since I want to further test my previous (still running and stable) I built updated version of first circuit from scratch. This time on 2955/3055. So far I only tested one toroid with 2T/12T 0.6mm wire. I tried different serial inductors but there is no major difference. I had to increase resistance to 100k + 100k pot. 1k pot is set in couple hundred Ohms range. No supercap, just 2200uF. Amp draw from 1.2V NiKad about 41.5mA. Wave looks similar to Hitman's and about 10.4Vp-p.
I have 90pF atm.  If I change to 330pF wave looks similar to "h". I'll leave it running overnight and try different inductor tomorrow as well as second version. I'm not to crazy about current waveform.

Cheers
Vtech

Romero

@Hitmal, @blackchisel97  - Is the current draw going up or down when you connect the led bridge back to the battery? It should go down

Romero