Total Topics: 110
Most Online Today: 14
Most Online Ever: 82
(August 07, 2018, 06:56:59 PM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 4
Total: 4

Author Topic: kEhYo Experiments  (Read 37685 times)

Offline kEhYo77

Re: kEhYo Experiments
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2012, 09:34:11 AM »
Hi Guyz! It's been a while.. :)
I've just had a new idea and I'd like to share it.
Thinking about Generator coil's reaction to changing magnetic field why not isolate BEMF field from interacting with that from a moving magnet on a rotor?

Here is a picture from (27 Feb 2011 as on my fb gallery)

Now imagine those two magnets facing each other in attraction mode to be on two synchronous rotors, passing by the center portion of the core at small distance from it (air gap).
They would be passing by from side to side where the width of the core is the smallest.
Now think about Thane's Bi-toroid transformer theory/principle and tell me what do think will happen with Mr Lenz ? ;)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 09:37:11 AM by kEhYo77 »

Offline energia9

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2012, 10:58:11 AM »
Hi Guyz! It's been a while.. :)
I've just had a new idea and I'd like to share it.
Thinking about Generator coil's reaction to changing magnetic field why not isolate BEMF field from interacting with that from a moving magnet on a rotor?

Here is a picture from (27 Feb 2011 as on my fb gallery)

Now imagine those two magnets facing each other in attraction mode to be on two synchronous rotors, passing by the center portion of the core at small distance from it (air gap).
They would be passing by from side to side where the width of the core is the smallest.
Now think about Thane's Bi-toroid transformer theory/principle and tell me what do think will happen with Mr Lenz ? ;)
interresting design, heads up keep going!

Offline kEhYo77

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2012, 11:44:37 PM »
Those two videos made me think:
[/youtube]
[/youtube]

Offline crazycut06

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2012, 06:32:40 AM »
The first video seems easier to replicate, just put an existing regular coil in that position, or need to put that ferrite accros the coil to have that effect, have you tried this kEhYo? Thanks for posting!

Offline kEhYo77

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2012, 08:57:36 AM »
I am convinced that those ETD ferrite cores will work the way I think so I ordered a full set to replace those
rods I have mounted around my KMG unit. So I will be testing them. :)

Offline Romero

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2012, 11:41:01 AM »
I hope they will do a video showing the output coil in dead short and the speed continues to rise then adding different resistance as load...
If the initial rpm can be any then is worth replicating if not is going to be much harder for people to have a replica.

Romero

Offline kEhYo77

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2012, 04:47:16 PM »
I will be winding perfect coils around the central column with this ribbon wire. Insulated all around, quite expensive :)

I was thinking about covering with a thin layer of magnetite Fe3O4 to boost the performance. I will see how it performs.
Coating one side of the ribbon should be enough by applying thin layer of electrically
insulating laquier and then 'sprinkling' it with the dust and see what sticks :)
Aligning could be done by hooking up a finished, not yet dry coil to a current source for some time to condition the coating.

I have in mind 3 patterns to try with my ribbon wire:
1. Plain pancake
2. Tesla's pancake (two interleaved windings in series)
3. 1:10:1 ratio of CW:CCW:CW pancake (example: 10 turns clockwise, 100 counter clockwise and again 10 turns clockwise - as suggested by Romero)

Right now I am bringing back to life my KMG unit.
I need to solder a simple 555 servo tester to operate the ECS motor control module as my Arduino will be used for other purposes in that project later on.
I will need another small circuit for my LCD freq. counter to be used with a hall sensor to measure the RPM changes.

In the second video I posted, there is a moment when he freewheels the rotor by hand with a shorted coil and there seems to be no breaking. This is because the lenz induced force is being kept inside the core loop and doesn't influence the magnet directly any more. This configuration causes the core to become invisible to the passing magnet the moment current starts to flow inside the coil.
I am convinced that those ETD ferrite cores will work the way I think so I ordered a full set to replace those rods I have mounted around my KMG unit. They will be positioned on their side as a base so that the central column is at the passing by magnet level horizontally.

Testing should be fairly easy...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 05:01:06 PM by kEhYo77 »

Offline Romero

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2012, 05:44:58 PM »
@kEhYo77
where did you get that spool with copper tape?

Romero

Offline kEhYo77

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2012, 06:12:53 PM »
The company is called SYNFLEX http://www.synflex.com/

Offline crazycut06

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2012, 02:13:55 PM »
Nice! Is that Insulated copper ribbon wire?, that sure is expensive! I've seen some wraped around trafos in class A amplifiers to minimize noise, Im curious of what will the output be? Less voltage-high current? Or more volts -less current?
 Keep it up!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 02:33:33 PM by crazycut06 »

Offline kEhYo77

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2012, 10:00:14 PM »
Please take a look at this MEG type config of mine and tell me what do you think about it... ;)
Testing should start very soon as I have just finished winding it...

Offline crazycut06

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2012, 11:06:57 PM »
Nice looking meg, can you briefly explain how this config works, with those magnets to coils config you will need a large amount of power to cancel the field from each side, just guessing  ;D hope to see some results  ;)

Offline kEhYo77

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2012, 11:28:01 PM »

Getting ready for testing...

I will explain everything later on. Now I have to focus on resurrecting my old setup for this.
I quickly checked the amount of power needed to switch the flux and it looks very promising so stay tuned ;)

Offline kEhYo77

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2012, 10:48:33 PM »
I got the new setup ready for testing...
I've built an Arduino based variable frequency flip-flop pulse driver that can be set manually or automatically (not yet implemented). I can generate pulses of precise length and frequency up to 30kHz.

The base is like Figuera's Generator plus additional magnetic shunt on the secondary (alternative magnetic path for the CEMF flux)...

Testing should start on the weekend, as I am a bit sick now.

Offline Romero

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2012, 03:20:52 PM »
Beautiful cores... :)

Recent Topics

Romero Experiments by Romero
March 03, 2018, 10:43:52 PM

Dji Mavic Pro by Romero
September 27, 2017, 05:04:54 PM

Watersplitting Device via GigaHz pulse Generator by Hitman
June 23, 2016, 05:45:13 PM