Previous topic - Next topic

mariuscivic

Quote from: free_nrg on December 08, 2011, 12:34:19 AM
Quote from: mariuscivic on December 07, 2011, 12:02:20 PM
Hi king21
the 12v 5W light bulb has around 3ohm.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcjeAfTlEP4

@mariuscivic,
Can you explain what the DC cap is hooked up to? 
Also I noticed that your wire on your caduceus coil (return winding) crosses over two wires at a time.  Is there a reason for that? Just wondering because others I've seen only cross over one wire at a time.  Thanks

The DC cap is part of HV module. The original one blew up  one year ago and i have replace it with another one with the same value but bigger in size(that's why it hangs out).
The return winding crosses two wires .That's becouse on the oposite side it doesnt cross another wire.  In this picture you can see that the wires are crossing each other both sides.My coil ,the returning winding is crossing only on one side. That's why it crosses two wires. I have noticed that too when i started making it. For now seems to be working like this. I have tuned the coils and the output is just a little bit more. The other coil that i made doesnt have such a good output; maybe couse the wire is thiner or maybe is just too long; anyway i have other plans with it.

Romero

That's very intresting theory about the cap beeing the primary.Do you have better results this way? ( i'm sure you do)
I've tryed the ferite inside the CC with many turns 1mm wire but couldn't see something special. I got better result puting inside the CC one relay coil

free_nrg

Thanks for the clarification Marius!

mariuscivic

I have build another coil. This time i used bifilar for primary and connected like CC. It works better but maybe couse there are more turns in primary and secomdary. Here it is lighting a 220V 25W light bulb. The meter shows me the same 190mA input current with or without the load.

landownunder

Interesting video on youtube  about kapanadze replication
all the best ron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek92QiKWshs

mariuscivic

Hi everyone again  ;D

It's 3 o'clock in the morning and i just finished my fourth coil testing. The light bulb is 6V,0.5A and is continuously fully lit. The primary has 100m telephone cable (in my case 4 wires per 25m) and is bifilar . The pickup coil has 55 turns with around 1mm wire. With this setup the 220V light bulb doesnt lit at all. There is no plasma in pickup coil. Tomorow i'm going to make a longer pickup coil. For now,the output is stable in any position regarding the primary.

mariuscivic

One more surprise: the T-K gen is working even without the caps. Maybe the insulation from the wires are acting like one. It lights only the 12V 5W light bulb(not fully lit).I have connected a spark plug from a car engine but just doesnt work. The spark is there but no output. Does anyone know where to connect the ground?

Romero

the coil is the cap too, i have tried to explain it early in a previous post.
have you tried to charge a battery?
is your hv transformer direct from 220v or you have a step down transformer?

mariuscivic

Hi romero

I wiil try to charge a battery. The HV transformer is direct 220V. Do you think that i should try to connect the ground somewhere?

Romero

Quote from: mariuscivic on December 10, 2011, 11:51:54 AM
Hi romero

I wiil try to charge a battery. The HV transformer is direct 220V. Do you think that i should try to connect the ground somewhere?
The ground should be connected to the other  end of the flyback. I am not sure if that is available there as it was built to run with one wire. Check flyback terminals.
Can you tell me the model of your plasma globe? maybe I can find a ground solution for you.
You can also connect the ground to the minus of the diode, use a capacitor in series with the ground wire.
If will charge the battery then make a simple inverter using a 220/12 volt transformer and connect it to the battery to run a load.
If you have a direct load as a 12 bulb that will affect the charging.
I have built and tested the circuit in the link below an it works great. It is good to have it anyway.
When there is no load it consumes almost nothing comparing with other inverters.
http://underservice.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2.0;attach=484;image

mariuscivic

There is nothing written on the plasma globe. Not even on the electronic board.
I tooked out the secondary and i wound 33 turns of thicker wire. The output has increased a bit.

Hitman

If you need a 220/12v transformer, I've got a few of them laying around and depending where you live I could send it to you.

PM me

Cheers Hitman

mariuscivic

Quote from: Hitman on December 10, 2011, 08:02:08 PM
If you need a 220/12v transformer, I've got a few of them laying around and depending where you live I could send it to you.

PM me

Cheers Hitman

Thanks Hitman but i have some of these too. Thanks again  :D

As always...i made another video.
From what i've seen, the secondary is not critical in number of turns but the thiker the wire the better.
http://youtu.be/1u3RBCmTzjI
Now i just got to find a way to loop the output; it doesnt work with a transformer. Also the meter goes crazy when i try to measure the input curent.The mosfet from the flyback circuit is not geting hot so i think that the curent sucked is less than 1A.

mariuscivic

Allmost no diference between those two 12V 5W light bulbs.

a.king21

Quote from: mariuscivic on December 11, 2011, 10:57:28 AM
Allmost no diference between those two 12V 5W light bulbs.
Poor man's guide to looping: no special equipment required.

1 Use Romero's circuit to make an inverter, or use your own.
2 Take voltage readings on battery
3 Power EVERYTHING from 12 volt battery via inverter.
4 Use pulsed DC to charge battery
5 After 10 minutes switch off, wait 5 minutes and take voltage reading
6 If volts are up, it's a good indication.
7 Now run the experiment for an extended period of time - say 12 hours and take voltage readings on battery again.
8 Remember that heating and lights on affect the battery readings so try and keep lighting and heating the same throughout the experiment.
9 If it works make a video and start celebrating!
10 DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING AT ALL.
11 Make a complete replication of successful experiment with a second set of equipment.

Good Luck!
:)

mariuscivic

Hi a.king!
As usual...there is a problem. If i want to connect anything else on output, the power disappears. I tried to fill a cap but is taking a long time to arive at 12V.(around 10 seconds).
In my last video there is a connection between the battery minus and spark minus.
I tooked out that wire and small cap .
I tooked another 10 meters of wire and connected it(only one end) in the same spot were the small cap was(spark minus).
The other end of the wire was laying around my room without beeing connected.
This gave me allmost the same effect like the small wire + small cap connection.