News:

New registrations to the forum only by request to admin@underservice.org

Main Menu

Tesla- Kapanadze generator

Started by Romero, October 15, 2011, 09:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

free_nrg

Romero,
Definitely a strong field around the device.  Still haven't been able to get 12v 5w bulb to light.  There is high voltage there because I can have a spark gap across the output coil.
Gotta order some more caps.  I don't have too many different values on hand. Maybe I'll wind a different output coil. I'll try the cap across the spark gap.

Edit: Just went back and reread some posts.  Realized I had it wired up wrong. So your cap on the caduceus coil goes to opposite ends of the coil.  The other two opposite ends go to diodes and spark gap,  is this correct? 

Romero

Quote from: a.king21 on December 05, 2011, 12:02:49 AM
Hi Romero,
This sounds like wonderful news. Why don't you output to a kettle heater element. If you need one I can send you one. At least then you can turn the beast up! And maybe have a cup of tea! And stop blowing diodes for a while! Such a device is worth replicating on it's own. It could maybe drive an oil filled radiator? That would be brilliant too. Let's think outside the box.
What about a step down transformer wound on a ferrite. Then maybe IGBT's could be used. They have to be below 800 volts but can handle 100's of killowatts and are quite cheap. Also Don Smith had a simple solution but I've never tried it. If you want I can look up his suggested method. He had a simple method to obtain the mains voltage at the required frequency.
Hope my suggestions help. If you want to close the loop maybe the transformer method is best. A bit lossy but who cares if the loop is closed. Even Kapanadze uses a step down output transformer we think.
Good luck, keep going, watching your posts with anticipation!!

Cheers H. Well done. :)
Hi,
it works fine with that type of bulbs in the picture below. I need to recify the output to be able to controll it and for the self loop. I have ordered more powerful diodes. If the tunning is not perfect then I can run a home made inverter and the output is better and not flickering but when I get more power from the coil the diodes gets very hot and die quick. Another thing is to make sure that when there is no load the output capacitor is not going to overcharge, that can be a big danger.
A normal transformer does not work directly on the output unless I will redo the windings with isolated wire.
I will try a microwave transformer tomorrow, maybe that can help, applying the output to the high voltage winding.

Best regards,
Romero

mariuscivic

Hi

This is my CC . I know that 1n4007 are no good but i did try  and surprise.....they didn't burned, but i couldn't get any spark after the diods.Today i'll go hunting for some HV diods. When i applyed the HV to the CC i could see that an economic light bulb begins to ''turn on'' at around 10cm of the CC.

Romero

Quote from: mariuscivic on December 05, 2011, 08:15:17 AM
Hi

This is my CC . I know that 1n4007 are no good but i did try  and surprise.....they didn't burned, but i couldn't get any spark after the diods.Today i'll go hunting for some HV diods. When i applyed the HV to the CC i could see that an economic light bulb begins to ''turn on'' at around 10cm of the CC.
maybe if you will use many of them in series will not burn so quick depending on your HV  transformer output.
If no spark then you will not get anything, must spark.Use a capacitor on the spark gap side too, that will help a lot in protecting the diodes.Frequency of the HV transformer should be above 20kHz.
I found that even a line output transformer with diodes in can be used if we connect the diodes on the side without diodes, and the other side leave ungrounded or grounded using another spark gap.
I will try to use a voltage divider today and see if my diodes will survive. I have about 6 of them left before the new ones arrive.

Regards,
Romero

Romero

Schematic to be tested later on today.

a.king21

M.O.T.

I am a bit sceptical about Microwave oven transformers because of the core. They are configured at 50Hz which is OK to step up. But maybe this circuit is high frequency, and so the core cannot handle it. That's why I think Naudin failed. He tried an MOT according to his videos.
I think Kapanadze and Don Smith may have used an air core. Still I hope the MOT works. I will be making the coils today. I think we have to try to find a way to avoid these  expensive diodes. In the army surplus days you could get plenty at a cheap price, but today they are hard to source second hand and are really expensive new. That's why I thought using an  IGBT as a diode might work.
Are you using the coil capacitor in this build or just sticking to ordinary coils for now?
Anyhow, if you succeed in looping I for one would be willing to buy the parts from you and I am sure others would also. So you would get a profit for your good work. I think you should think about producing a kit. Then the profits could buy you lots of new gear.
BTW have you an intelligent guess as to input vs output power? An idea would be welcome.
This seems really promising .
Cheers

Romero

@a.king21
the only way I can measure now is the input power comparing with the brightness of the bulb as I am not able to measure the output.The brightness is much more than the input power but must be sure, I have a simple ideea to have it self run reducing the input then the diodes will survive for a while. I have just discovered in searching for some parts in my boxes, 50 diodes 3amp/1000v. I will have 10 of them in series for each side and see them survive or not. The high power diodes(40kV/1A) I ordered are comming from China and might take some time.
I will test the microwave transformer and see what is happening, I have plenty of them, I am not worried if it burns.
I have large 20cm diameter ferrite toroid, that might be better, but one at the time.
My neon transformer I am using is a 220volt/5000v but I have modified it and it works now with 12 volt.I am using a signal generator to control it as I need to adjust the duty cycle too.

I read on ou.com that wattsup had his flyback run at 4-5 amp input, I am sure there is a short in that output coil, in my case will go to max 4 amp if I short the output, but running the system I have now will oscilate from 1 to max 2 amps while the driving transistor(mosfet) remains cold.

I am using a TC4420 driver for the mosfet, I would recommend everyone that for any circuit in any device using mosfets to use a driver like that or similar, the difference is huge.

If we can 'organise' the particles inside the coil/capacitor then we can avoid these expensive diodes, I am experimenting that too...
Looking at Kapanadze acuarium device I think that the vertical coil is actually a copper pipe connecting to the ground and the coil/capacitors wound on it. Folowing the ground cable going into the box I discovered that the main thick connection goes to that vertical copper pipe or coil.
We think that we have discovered his secret but not fully, he is using the ground as we use of the surrounding in connection with the ground, he dumps high voltage direct into the ground and in return he gets some equivalent of BEMF, this is ofcourse theory, not yet confirmed.

The AV Plug connection can be used in many devices... has anyone tried it on a Bedini coil? I did..
What about using it on magnet rotating discs with high voltage coils...? it works too

I am not planning to sell anything, this if free for all and I hope others experimenting will do the same.
If any of us will have a working and stable device we can use donate with PayPal but not more than that.

Best Regards,
Romero

mariuscivic

That's great romero!  :)

I'm still working on the rotor(with even better results) and caduceus coil too.But for now i have too wait for the HV diods and various caps.
I'm happy to hear that you have some signs of posible OU.

Romero

I've started building high voltage diodes using uf5808...

mariuscivic

Hi guys
Seems to be working  ;D
No measurments yet; must tune the cc better

Romero

Quote from: mariuscivic on December 06, 2011, 11:26:46 AM
Hi guys
Seems to be working  ;D
No measurments yet; must tune the cc better
Hi Mariuscivic,
good to hear that you have goos results.
Are you using capacitors in both sides of the coil?
Is the bulb you are using a 12volt? Last night I tried rectifiying the output directly to a 12 volt battery, it charges super fast with very little input power. I managed to have the inverter running on the battery while it was charged and seems to maintain charge and power a 240v/40watt bulb.
I had it running for about 25 minutes but it was late and I had to go to sleep.
I will have to leave it running for longer time to see if the battery will drop voltage.
The inverter used is home made no integrated circuits , schematic was posted few weeks back on forums by a french man, inverters with ic's might not work.
Is one of your coils high voltage in the magnet generator? if yes please try to use av plug there and let me know, try both ends of the coil, only one end will work properly to connect the av plug.
You can use 2 x 1n4007 just for testing.

Regards,
Romero

a.king21

Brilliant result. I've tried this kind of experiment lots of times and battery voltage only went up slightly, but not with this build. In my experience you have to have it running for several hours, because the battery tends to "mock" you and goes up. I suspect it is because of the resonant frequency of the battery which you can sometimes hit. So it seems a brilliant result but you need to keep it on for days if you can to be really sure. Another option is to get a grid tie inverter and export the electricity into the grid. There is one on ebay for around ?90 and can handle 300 watts output. Also if you reduce the bulb to a cfl low energy then you should see battery go up constantly. If successfull can you post complete details please because I would like to replicate with other researchers. It is the ideal situation to power everything from a 12 volt battery. Holding my breath in anticipation.

Romero

Just finished making some high voltage diodes,takes a lot of time...

Hitman

you think thats long, you should try making some solar panels hehe hours and hours of fun.

Cheers Hitman

a.king21

Quote from: free_nrg on December 05, 2011, 01:05:28 AM
Romero,
Definitely a strong field around the device.  Still haven't been able to get 12v 5w bulb to light.  There is high voltage there because I can have a spark gap across the output coil.
Gotta order some more caps.  I don't have too many different values on hand. Maybe I'll wind a different output coil. I'll try the cap across the spark gap.
The resistance in a 12 volt light bulb can be as low as 1 ohm; this could lead to an impedance miss-match. Why not try a 220 volt incandescent? It might  do the trick. Or try various resistors in series. Good Luck. :)