News:

New registrations to the forum only by request to admin@underservice.org

Main Menu

Speed under load effect!

Started by Romero, August 22, 2011, 11:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romero

Quote from: kEhYo77 on September 23, 2011, 09:26:28 AM
So from your experience any simple, single wire coil will do, all we need to look for is the right RPM. Hmm OK.
So it seems that there are several 'windows' across the rpm range just right for the speed to increase and it takes time to find them as they seem to be pretty narrow.
And once you find it for one coil the next coil has to be almost identical for it to work at that speed.
Is that why in your latest build all the coils are factory made, exactly the same? Seems logical.

thanks
Hi,
this is why it took me so long to get it right, I was concentrating on one coil and loosing another...
I have the coils for all recent devices factory made and even so I still had to remove few turns on some coils.

Romero

Romero

Quote from: toranarod on September 23, 2011, 10:22:55 AM
Quote from: kEhYo77 on September 23, 2011, 09:26:28 AM
So from your experience any simple, single wire coil will do, all we need to look for is the right RPM. Hmm OK.
So it seems that there are several 'windows' across the rpm range just right for the speed to increase and it takes time to find them as they seem to be pretty narrow.
And once you find it for one coil the next coil has to be almost identical for it to work at that speed.
Is that why in your latest build all the coils are factory made, exactly the same? Seems logical.

thanks
RPM is the key to seeing the effect for the first time. After years of playing with Adams or Bedini type motor generator i never witnessed any reduction in Lenz until I could control my motors over a very large RPM Range.  for me this was Why I stared using Independent drive motors.

even tonight when i tested my new rotor setup there was an effect at 2900 RPM. noticeable reduction in drag. 

those drive motors are very efficient, all game started after I was playing with them and the new generator is based on them...

Romero

kEhYo77

Now I am convinced to play with my brand new mini outrunner and coils from relays as they should come pretty close to one another when it comes to electrical parameters :D
The outrunner motor will provide a wide range of RPM while being digitally controlled from my Arduino micro controller so I should be able to find the sweet spot and maintain it!
I just have to build a small and sturdy NS rotor now. It is going to have 24 poles...

Good luck with your motor/generator setup Romero. You're tha MAN!

DeepCut

After days of testing ... here is my first result, thanks to Romero for advising the single coil/many RPM test :)

Speed Under Load Test.

COIL :

24 SWG (0.56mm, 23 AWG is closest at 0.573mm)

L = 53 mH
R = 60 Ohms

55mm long and 37mm wide.

Coil former barrel diameter is 15mm.

Unsure of number of turns since shop bought.

ROTOR :

VHS motor.

Diameter : 60mm

MAGNETS :

8 x 10mm diameter x 5mm height disc magnets, grade N42.
Magnets arranged N/S.

DRIVE CIRCUITRY :

Standard SSG drive circuit with charging diode removed.

RESULTS :

At 1100 RPM, shorting the coil increased the RPM to 1290 :)

The input current went up from 115 mA to 120 mA :(

I will now do more testing and post results :)

Experience is a hard teacher, it gives the test first and the lesson afterward.

Romero

@DeepCut
Good to hear that.
You should now get the input reduced while the shorting is on, if not, then your are not quit there and needs more adjustments.

Romero

DeepCut

Thanks Romero, i am testing just now all the way through the RPM range.

I have noticed a few spots where the RPM goes up and the current stays the same, plus i have just had my first result where RPM goes up and current goes down :)

Thanks for all your help and advice :)

Hitman

DeepCut

Hi Hitman,

thanks very much for taking the time to show me that :)

I'm fairly new to electronics (18 months) and i've only been learning what i need to know to build what i want to build, so i often don't understand things at first.

How are you getting BEMF from the gen coil if it has to be shorted to get the acceleration effect ?

I have attached my results from taking my little VHS rotor device from 6 volts all the way to 18.

My bench PSU only goes up to 18 VDC @ 2 A so i can't test beyond this frequency, unless i build a larger rotor with more magnets.

Another question ! Why have you cut down to only 4 magnets ?

Cheers Hitman :)

Gary.

Hitman

Quote from: DeepCut on September 26, 2011, 06:49:46 PM
Hi Hitman,

thanks very much for taking the time to show me that :)

I'm fairly new to electronics (18 months) and i've only been learning what i need to know to build what i want to build, so i often don't understand things at first.

How are you getting BEMF from the gen coil if it has to be shorted to get the acceleration effect ?

There is no gen coil, only 2 driving coils in series like adams motor only using a SSG circuit to power the coils. I then take the BEMF from the SSG circuit and connect to a load which was my little light bulb. When I connect the load I get rotor acceleration and amp draw reduction.

Another question ! Why have you cut down to only 4 magnets ?
Gary.

It seemed to work better with 4 magnets all north, the difference between the 2 rotors was the 8 magnet rotor produced BEMF spikes of about 60VDC and the 4 magnet rotor 251VDC.

Cheers Hitman.

min2oly

Hitman,
I think I understand what you are doing in that vid now. "what!" LOL
you are changing the impedance of the charging side of that circuit which effects the speed of the rotor.

Romero, is this what you are talking about when you mention speed increase can occur w/ any coil depending on resonance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNCF7uQzwzM&list=FLrIHB1lv7XElAD_ztL-1FPw&index=2

Cheers,
Patrick

Romero

Quote from: min2oly on September 30, 2011, 12:31:34 AM
Hitman,
I think I understand what you are doing in that vid now. "what!" LOL
you are changing the impedance of the charging side of that circuit which effects the speed of the rotor.

Romero, is this what you are talking about when you mention speed increase can occur w/ any coil depending on resonance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNCF7uQzwzM&list=FLrIHB1lv7XElAD_ztL-1FPw&index=2

Cheers,
Patrick
Hi,
yes, that is a good example.
Romero

DeepCut

Why, in that video, are the magnets not facing the coils properly ?

Romero

Quote from: DeepCut on September 30, 2011, 06:20:37 PM
Can you explain a bit better ??? what do you mean?

Romero

Hitman

@DC
I think they are aligned, look at the pic below, all gen coils are at no magnet position and driving coil is on magnet. If he added another coil on the right it would be centered and also in a position where there is no magnet.

@min2oly
I know you are a long time in Bedini stuff and would like to ask you a question if you can answer it, Do you know why when impedence is reduced as in adding a load on the BEMF or charging side, the rotor accelerates and primary amp draw decreases. I think I figured it out but would really like to compare with other peoples ideas, I've read most of Bearden's explanations but I have much trouble with many terms he uses.

Cheers Hitman

free_nrg

Quote from: DeepCut on September 30, 2011, 06:20:37 PM

The magnets are diametric, n and s poles are on the sides.