New registrations to the forum only by request to admin@underservice.org

Main Menu

Speed under load effect!

Started by Romero, August 22, 2011, 11:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

min2oly

Quote from: Hitman on September 30, 2011, 08:56:45 PM

@min2oly
I know you are a long time in Bedini stuff and would like to ask you a question if you can answer it, Do you know why when impedence is reduced as in adding a load on the BEMF or charging side, the rotor accelerates and primary amp draw decreases. I think I figured it out but would really like to compare with other peoples ideas, I've read most of Bearden's explanations but I have much trouble with many terms he uses.

Cheers Hitman

Hi Hitman,
the why's mostly make their way over my head - not much of a theorizer I have to see things work on the table. That being said it's easy to compare charging a cap vs charging a battery to watch the changes in speed as well as the ease of the energy making its way to the cap compared to the energy that ends up in a battery...
sorry I have no other answers.
Patrick

DeepCut

Just a quick note to all, i can now get the speed-under-load effect with any of my coils that are over 0.25mm in diameter.

But, the best coil is the 0.25mm diameter, it gives a good L-R ratio.

And, of course, the important thing is the core. I have tried ferrite, which gave me no scceleration at all, magnetite, which was the same, the best core i have used is the bolts from masonry shield anchors :

http://www.leofixings.com/fixings-products_Masonry+Fixings_Masonry+Anchor+Loose+Bolts-13-154.html

I don't have a clue what it is made from but it works very well and heats up very, very little in comparison to ferrite.

Good luck all.
Experience is a hard teacher, it gives the test first and the lesson afterward.

Romero

@DeepCut
good to hear that you can get it. I have never tested that material but I will, just to have an ideea compared to other cores I used.

Romero

sinergicus

QuoteAfter playing with all of them I decided to continue working with irondust cores.They work much better than ferrite and cheap to obtain.

From where can be sourced this iron dust?
Is the same substance like that  used in constructions to colorizing  things ? (for example Fe2O3 respectively Fe3O4 )
The iron dust cores you have used was made in combination with some epoxy resin ?

Romero

Quote from: sinergicus on December 27, 2011, 08:48:18 AM
QuoteAfter playing with all of them I decided to continue working with irondust cores.They work much better than ferrite and cheap to obtain.

From where can be sourced this iron dust?
Is the same substance like that  used in constructions to colorizing  things ? (for example Fe2O3 respectively Fe3O4 )
The iron dust cores you have used was made in combination with some epoxy resin ?
you can get it from ebay fe2o3 but you can find already made cores too

free_nrg

I built a small adams like setup to play around with speed under load. Its a hard drive spindle with very small neo magnets sandwiched and glued in between two of the platter discs. I only have a drive coil mounted right now. Im using romero's hall effect drive circuit. The coils are salvaged from an automotive abs unit. They have a bunch of of these small air core coils. Im using ferrite cores in the coils.
So, couple of interesting things i noticed while playing around. First, if i use the back emf it accelerates, thats normal. But i noticed if i just take a ferrite core with a magnet on the back, opossing the rotor magnets, and place it next to the drive coil it will accelerate the rotor with a drop in current. And my hall sensor is mounted on the opposite side of rotor so the hall is not involved. Now if i take the core and magnet and place it by the rotor near the hall it accelerates but current increases. So im curious as to why it accelerates when placed next to drive coil??

At first i was using a small 12v 5w bulb for the back emf. Then i decided to put an identical coil in place of bulb. It still acellerated the rotor. So then i inserted a core in the coil and place it next to rotor, it accelerated even more. I could use this coil driven by back emf to speed the rotor and also a core and magnet next to the drive coil to further speed the rotor.
Any explanations or advice would be great.

landownunder

Another interesting video about speed up under load from tinman. Would like comments. @romero still wondering if you are going to show video of speed under load at any rpm that you said last year, i know youare extremely busy with life and other tests but when u can it would be appreciated. Tinman getting comments from the all knowledgeable milehigh as well. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M28how12b4E&context=C3646067ADOEgsToPDskJmsFIaTJmjJpc5uKY59R7j

Romero

Quote from: landownunder on January 15, 2012, 01:43:00 PM
Another interesting video about speed up under load from tinman. Would like comments. @romero still wondering if you are going to show video of speed under load at any rpm that you said last year, i know youare extremely busy with life and other tests but when u can it would be appreciated. Tinman getting comments from the all knowledgeable milehigh as well. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M28how12b4E&context=C3646067ADOEgsToPDskJmsFIaTJmjJpc5uKY59R7j
nice video. i had no time for another video with speed under load, i am spending most of the time with a solid state device

crazycut06

Hi all,
    just wanted to share mariuscivic's speed under load effect, just like what romero did... :o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_j-0CvWYT8w

Romero

well done for mariuscivic, even the rpm seems right ... the big problem comes when he will need to sync the other coils

Romero

crazycut06

Would it not sync if he had same coil resistance and inductance?

Romero

Quote from: crazycut06 on March 12, 2012, 12:26:03 PM
Would it not sync if he had same coil resistance and inductance?
nope, maybe for maximum 3 coils will do it but not for all.

Romero

mariuscivic

Hi Romero and thanks for the new hint!  ;D
You know how badlly i want a self rotating wheel; I try to do my best

Romero

Quote from: mariuscivic on March 12, 2012, 09:08:18 PM
Hi Romero and thanks for the new hint!  ;D
You know how badlly i want a self rotating wheel; I try to do my best
Hi marius,
more hints for you to try...

1- At certain speed the shorted coil will self oscillate... check here to get more info http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJsVSMQqCOM
2- A bifillar coil where one of the coils is not equal in lenght to the other one is another thing that you need to start to investigate now
3- A multifillar coil where each one of the coils is not equal in lenght to another one.
4- I have originally started exploring this in solid state version, with the help of the oscilloscope
5 - Difference of one cm in lenght can make a big difference  -  this is one of the reasons it took me very long time to get it right.
6 - The other things about the split core I told you before... make sure you can adjust the 2 split core pieces.
7- Distance between the magnets not less than 1.1% the magnet size but not more that 1.5%, you need to visualize the existance of the virtual pole in between the magnets.
8- This info can be used in other experiments, you can also have a look at Dave45 suggestions
9- Start the easy way, simple is better.
10- short at the peak of the wave without any aditional component, just the right lenght of a shorted coil

I hope this info will bring some light to some open mind people.

Best regards,
Romero